As a Disaster Corps volunteer, what would I do?
You will be trained to apply your professional experience and skills to disaster settings. You might help with:
- Disaster preparedness
- Post-disaster assessment
- Resource development
- Community development
- Volunteer coordination
- Construction management
What skills do I need?
If you possess any of skills below, you may be a great candidate for Disaster Corps:
A positive attitude
- Physical stamina
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible world view and cultural sensitivity
- High-pressure stress management
- Proactive work ethic and willingness to perform hands-on tasks
- Availability on short notice
- Ability to work in unstable or resource-poor environments
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic communication skills
- Leadership skills and ability to promote a team-building environment
- Experience with computers and standard office equipment (HF, VHF and satellite radio experience a plus)
- Adaptability and willingness to listen to affiliate needs before offering suggestions
Where can I get more information?
How do I volunteer?
Volunteer with Disaster Corps